Choose the Best Gaming Laptop Under $500
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Gaming Laptops Under $500
6 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Are you in the market for a new gaming laptop, but don’t want to break the bank? If so, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best gaming laptops that are available for less than $500. We’ll take a look at what makes these laptops great for gaming, and we’ll also provide a few tips on how to choose the right one for your needs. So whether you’re a casual gamer or a hardcore enthusiast, read on to find out which laptop is right for you!
Table of Contents
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
Plus, it comes with 4GB of DDR4 memory and a 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD, so you can rest assured that it will be able to meet your storage needs.
But what really sets the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop apart from other laptops in its price range is its 15.6-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display. This makes it perfect for watching movies, browsing the web, and even playing games. And because it’s been optimized for Windows 10 in S mode, you can be sure that it will provide a smooth and seamless user experience.
Regarding connectivity, the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop has you covered with 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 HDMI port with HDCP support. And thanks to its 802.11ac Wi-Fi, you’ll be able to connect to the internet at lightning-fast speeds. Plus, it comes with a backlit keyboard, so you can quickly type in low-light conditions. And with up to 7.5 hours of battery life, you can rest assured that it will be able to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
ASUS VivoBook F512
Under the hood, it packs a powerful AMD Quad Core Ryzen 5 3500U Processor (2M Cache, up to 3.6 GHz) with AMD Radeon Vega 8 discrete graphics, ensuring smooth and fast performance. Plus, Windows 10 Home comes pre-installed.
All this makes ASUS VivoBook F512 the perfect notebook for work and play.
Newest HP Pavilion Intel Pentium Silver N5000
The Intel Quad Core Pentium Silver Processor N5000 provides enough power for basic tasks and everyday computing, while the 4GB DDR4-2400 memory ensures smooth multitasking. Plus, the 128GB SSD provides plenty of storage space for your files and programs.
The Intel UHD Graphics 605 provides good visuals for watching videos and working with graphics-heavy applications, while the HDMI port lets you connect to an external display for even more screen real estate. And with DTS Studio Sound, you’ll enjoy crisp, clear audio whether you’re listening to music or watching movies. The HP Pavilion N5000 is a great value laptop that’s perfect for students, families, and anyone who needs a dependable computer at a great price.
CHUWI GemiBook Windows 10 Laptop Computer 13”
The GemiBook also has a256GB SSD and supports NVMe 2280 SSD expansion to 1TB and TF card expansion to 512GB, providing ample storage space for your files. Additionally, the laptop features a 13-inch FHD IPS screen with 2K resolution, a 3:2 aspect ratio, and a 180° hinge, making it easy to share and collaborate with others. The magnesium-alloy body makes the GemiBook lightweight at less than 3 pounds, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go.
Lenovo T460s Ultrabook 20FA
The beautiful 14-inch 1080p IPS display is perfect for working on documents or browsing the web, and the slim design makes it easy to carry around. Windows 10 Pro is pre-installed, so you can get started right away. In addition, an AC adapter is included so you can charge the laptop while you’re on the go.
What is better for gaming – to spend 500 dollars on a laptop or on a PC?
The answer to this question is not as simple as it may seem. It depends on various factors such as budget, gaming needs, and portability.
- When it comes to budget, a laptop is almost always going to be more expensive than an equivalent PC. This is because laptops pack a lot of power into a small form factor and require extra cooling to prevent overheating. Yes, some gaming laptops are available for under $500, but they are usually lower-powered machines with fewer features.
- Additionally, gaming laptops often come with higher-quality displays and speakers than their desktop counterparts, making them ideal for gamers who want the best possible visual and audio experience. PCs, on the other hand, can be easily upgraded with aftermarket components to improve performance and add features.
- Moreover, when it comes to portability, laptops win hands down. A desktop PC is simply too large and cumbersome to take with you on the go. For example, if you need to take your computer with you to LAN parties or other events, a laptop is much more convenient than a desktop. It means you can just unplug and go, without having to lug around a heavy tower.
- Finally, it really comes down to personal preference. Some gamers prefer the raw power and upgradeability of a desktop PC, while others appreciate the convenience and portability of a laptop. Some people just do not like the idea of being tethered to a desk, while others find the smaller form factor of a laptop to be more appealing.
- Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what is best for your needs.
So, what is the best choice for you? It really depends on your specific needs and budget. If you need a powerful machine that you can take with you anywhere, a gaming laptop is probably the way to go. But if you’re looking for the most bang for your buck, a desktop PC is probably the better choice.
How to choose a good laptop for gaming?
Choosing a good laptop for gaming is not as simple as it might seem at first glance. There are a lot of options and factors to consider, and the price is only one of them. You have already seen our top picks for the best gaming laptops under $500 below, but first, let’s take a look at what you should keep in mind when shopping for one.
A Graphics card is what will handle all the visual processing for your games, and it needs to be powerful enough to run the latest titles smoothly. Ideally, you want a laptop with a dedicated graphics card, rather than one that relies on integrated graphics.
When it comes to dedicated graphics cards, there are two main manufacturers to choose from: NVIDIA and AMD. Both offer a range of cards at different price points, so you can pick one that fits your budget. For the best gaming laptops under $500, we recommend the NVIDIA GTX 1050 or AMD RX560. These are both mid-range cards that will offer good performance for most games.
- To choose a good graphics card, you’ll need to consider what games you want to be able to play. If you’re only interested in older or less demanding titles, then a lower-end card will suffice. However, if you want to be able to play the latest AAA games at high settings, then you’ll need something more powerful.
- In addition, graphics cards can also be used for other tasks such as video editing and rendering. If you think you might want to do some of this type of work on your laptop, then make sure to get a card with enough power to handle those tasks.
- Video memory is another important consideration when choosing a graphics card. This is the amount of memory that is dedicated to storing image data for your games. The more video memory a card has, the better it will be able to handle high-resolution textures and complex effects. For gaming laptops under $500, we recommend cards with at least 2048 MB of video memory.
- Features of the graphic card are also something you might want to consider. Some cards come with special features such as overclocking support, which can give you a performance boost if your games start to stutter. Others come with bundled software that can make it easier to tweak the settings on your games.
When picking out a graphics card, it’s important to strike a balance between performance and price.
CPU and GPU
The CPU and GPU are the two most important components in a gaming laptop. A good gaming laptop should have a strong CPU and a high-end GPU.
CPU means central processing unit while GPU means graphics processing unit.
You might be wondering why you need a powerful CPU for gaming. Well, the answer is simple. A powerful CPU is needed for gaming because it helps to process all the information from the game quickly. If you have a slow CPU, your computer will lag and you will not be able to play the game smoothly.
As for the GPU, it is responsible for rendering the images in the game. If you have a weak GPU, the game will look bad and you will not be able to enjoy it. That is why it is important to get a gaming laptop with a good CPU and a good GPU.
To choose a laptop with a good CPU and GPU, you need to know what kind of games you want to play. If you want to play AAA games, you will need a laptop with a powerful CPU and a high-end GPU. However, if you only want to play indie games, you can get away with a less powerful CPU and GPU.
Moreover, you also need to consider the resolution of the laptop. If you want to play games at a higher resolution, you will need a powerful GPU. It is also important to consider the battery life of the laptop. If you want to play games for a long time, you will need a laptop with good battery life.
GPU and CPU also affect the price of the laptop. The more powerful the CPU and GPU, the more expensive the laptop will be.
So, if you are on a budget, you need to decide what kind of games you want to play and how much you are willing to spend on your gaming laptop.
The next thing you want to consider when purchasing a gaming laptop is the cooling system. It is important because overheating can damage your computer and shorten its lifespan. Look for laptops with multiple fans or a cooling pad to help keep the temperature down. 
Some laptops come with one fan, while others have multiple fans. The more fans a laptop has, the better it will be able to cool itself during intense gaming sessions.
You also need a laptop that has good airflow so that the heat can escape. Some laptops have vents on the bottom that allow hot air to escape. Others have vents on the sides or back.
In addition, you want to make sure that the laptop has a good thermal paste. This is a substance that helps to transfer heat from the CPU to the heatsink. If the thermal paste is not good, it can cause the laptop to overheat.
You can also additionally buy a cooling pad. Cooling pads are devices that you put under your laptop to help cool it down. They typically have fans that help to circulate air and keep the temperature down. However, they can be a bit noisy. But it is always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to your laptop.
Another big factor to consider is the material of your laptop. It is important because it will affect the durability of your device. Moreover, the material will also affect the weight of your laptop. This is important because you do not want a laptop that is too heavy to carry around with you.
The material also affects the look of your laptop. You want your laptop to look good, so you should consider the material when you are making your decision.
There are many different materials that laptops can be made out of including aluminum, plastic, and carbon fiber. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages in terms of durability, weight, heat dissipation, and more.
- Aluminum is a popular choice for gaming laptops because it is lightweight and has good heat dissipation. It also does not corrode easily. People also like aluminum for its aesthetic appeal, because it can be polished to a high shine.
- Moreover, aluminum is also very strong, so it can protect your laptop from bumps and drops. However, aluminum is a very good conductor of heat. This means that if your laptop overheats, the aluminum will transfer that heat to your lap, which can be quite uncomfortable. Additionally, aluminum is also a soft metal, so it can dent and scratch easily.
- Plastic is also very popular. It is also cheaper than aluminum. One more advantage of plastic is that it does not conduct heat as much as aluminum does. It also does not corrode as easily. I also like plastic because it is not as slippery as aluminum. However, plastic can scratch and dent easily. It also does not have the same aesthetic appeal as aluminum.
- Carbon fiber is a material that is becoming more popular in laptops because it is very strong and lightweight. Carbon fiber does not conduct heat well, so it helps to keep your laptop cool. It is also very resistant to corrosion. Moreover, carbon fiber is known for its high-quality look. One downside of carbon fiber is that it can be very expensive.
Additionally, carbon fiber laptops can be difficult to repair if they are damaged.
Choosing the right material for your laptop is an important decision. You want to balance durability, weight, heat dissipation, and aesthetic appeal when making your choice. Moreover, you also want to consider the price of the material.
Another thing to keep in mind is the quality of the build. Gaming laptops are often packed full of high-end hardware, which can make them quite bulky. This can be a problem if you plan on using your laptop for other activities such as traveling. You want to make sure that the build quality is good so that your laptop can withstand being carried around with you.
One more important factor you should look for when choosing a gaming laptop is the screen resolution. A higher resolution will provide you with sharper and more detailed images. Moreover, it will also offer a better gaming experience overall.
You should also keep in mind that most games are designed to be played at 1080p resolution. So, if you want to get the most out of your games, you should look for a laptop with a screen resolution of at least 1080p.However, there are also some models that offer a lower resolution of 1366 x 768.
Keep in mind that a higher screen resolution will require more powerful hardware. So, if you want to get a laptop with a good resolution, you should be prepared to spend more money.
Screen resolution also affects battery life. A higher resolution will require more power and, as a result, your laptop will have shorter battery life. So, if you want to get a laptop with long battery life, you should look for a model with a lower screen resolution.
Usually, the best gaming laptops come with a screen resolution of 1080p. However, if you want to save money, you can also get a laptop with a lower resolution. Just keep in mind that you might not be able to enjoy all the features of your games.
You should also know that some games are not designed to be played at a high resolution. So, if you want to play those games, you should look for a laptop with a lower screen resolution.
Consider what games you want to play before you decide on a screen resolution. This will help you choose the right laptop for your needs.
It is also important to note that a higher screen resolution will put more strain on your graphics card. So, if you want to get a laptop with a high resolution, you should make sure that your graphics card is up to the task.
The next important factor to consider is the RAM. It should be taken into account because it greatly affects the gaming laptop’s ability to run complex games smoothly. A minimum of four gigs of RAM is necessary for a good gaming experience.
RAM is important for two reasons.
- The first reason is that it allows the computer to load and store more information. It means that the computer can have more programs open at the same time without slowing down. This is important for gaming because you often have to have multiple programs open at the same time, such as a game, chat program, music player, and so on.
- The second reason is that it makes the computer faster. When you want to load a program or file, the computer will look for it in the RAM first. If it’s not there, then it will look for it on the hard drive, which is much slower. RAM helps the processor speed up the game by making sure there are no delays in loading data.
Usually, the more RAM, the better. However, for gaming laptops under $500, you will likely have to compromise on this feature. It is still possible to find laptops with up to 16GB of RAM, but they will be on the higher end of your budget.
So, how much RAM do you need for gaming? It really depends on what kind of games you want to play. If you’re only interested in playing basic games like Solitaire or Minecraft, then four gigs should be enough. 
However, if you want to play more demanding games such as Witcher III or Fallout, then you should aim for eight gigs of RAM or more.
Another important factor to consider when shopping for a gaming laptop is storage space. Most games take up a lot of space, and if you’re planning on playing newer games, you’ll need a laptop with a larger hard drive. You can always add an external hard drive later if you find yourself running out of space, but it’s always better to have more than you need from the start.
Usually, gaming laptops come with either a traditional hard drive or a solid-state drive (SSD). SSDs are much faster than traditional hard drives, but they’re also more expensive. If you can afford it, we recommend getting a laptop with an SSD, as it will make your gaming experience much smoother. However, if you’re on a budget, a traditional hard drive will do the job just fine.
A normal hard drive has a capacity of around 500GB, while SSDs typically have a capacity of 128GB or 256GB. If you can afford it, we recommend getting a laptop with at least a 256GB SSD. This will give you plenty of space for games, as well as other programs and files.
Some games can take up over 100GB of space, so it’s important to have enough storage space for all the games you want to play. However, most games can be played with just a few gigabytes of space. So, if you’re on a budget, don’t worry too much about storage space. Just make sure you have enough for the games you want to play.
If you are playing online games, then you will not need so much storage space, but need a good internet connection. Many online games require a fast and stable internet connection. If you don’t have a good internet connection, you may experience lag or other issues while playing. So, if you’re planning on playing online games, make sure you have a good internet connection.
One important thing to keep in mind is the number and quality of additional features that come with the device. It is not uncommon for gaming laptops to come with a number of features that can be considered overkill for the average user.
Some of these features include high-end graphics cards, large amounts of RAM, and top-of-the-line processors. While these features are great for gamers, they can also add a significant amount to the price tag. For this reason, it is important to only consider laptops with additional features that you will actually use.
Some uncommon, but still important, features to look for include G-Sync and Optimus Technology.
- G-Sync is a feature that helps to eliminate screen tearing and input lag, two of the most annoying issues that can occur while gaming.
- Optimus Technology is a feature that allows the laptop to automatically switch between the integrated graphics card and the dedicated graphics card. This can help to conserve battery life when you are not gaming and can be a lifesaver when you are gaming on the go.
- Backlit keyboards are also a nice feature to have, especially if you plan on gaming in low-light conditions. This feature is not as important as some of the others on this list, but it can be a nice bonus.
So, these features are not necessarily must-haves, but they are definitely nice-to-haves.
- Another important thing to keep in mind is the warranty that comes with the device.
- Laptops are expensive devices and, unfortunately, they are also prone to a variety of issues.
- For this reason, it is important to make sure that the gaming laptop you purchase is covered by a comprehensive warranty.
- The last thing you want is to be stuck with a faulty device and have no way to get it repaired or replaced.
- Usually, the best gaming laptops will come with a minimum of a one-year warranty.
- However, some manufacturers offer extended warranties of up to three years.
- It is up to you to decide whether or not an extended warranty is worth the extra cost.
- Just keep in mind that, if something does go wrong with your laptop, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
- Good brands for gaming laptops with long warranties include ASUS, Acer, Dell, and Lenovo.
Is HDD or SSD better for gaming?
This is a difficult question to answer. It depends on what you’re looking for in a gaming laptop. If you’re looking for speed and better performance, then an SSD is the way to go. However, if you’re looking for more storage space, then an HDD would be a better option.
Does RAM affect gaming?
RAM definitely affects gaming. The more RAM you have, the better your performance will be. However, it is important to note that you don’t need a ton of RAM to play most games. You can get by with just a few GB of RAM.
What is the best processor for gaming?
It varies greatly. If you’re looking for speed, then an Intel Core I series processor would be a good option. However, if you’re looking for more of a budget-friendly option, then an AMD Ryzen series processor would be a better option.
What is the best graphics card for gaming?
The best graphics card for gaming depends on your budget. If you’re looking for speed, then an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 would be a good option. However, if you’re looking for something more budget-friendly, then an AMD Radeon RX 580 would be a better option.
Video Tutorial: Asus Vivobook 15 with AMD Ryzen 5 Laptop Review – Budget Laptop!
The laptops on this list represent some of the best values in gaming right now. If you’re looking for a laptop that can handle most games without breaking the bank, any one of these would be a great choice.
Choosing the right gaming laptop can be a tough task, but hopefully, this list has helped make the decision a little easier. As always, be sure to do your own research before making any major purchase.
Consider such factors as build quality, screen size, portability, and of course, price when making your decision. In addition, check out reviews from other customers and experts before making your purchase.
With a little bit of research, you should be able to find the perfect gaming laptop for you without spending more than you have to.
Happy gaming! If you are interested in purchasing one of the laptops on this list, be sure to click on the link below them.