Choose the Best Gaming Laptop Under $400
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Gaming Laptops Under $400
4 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Are you in the market for a new gaming laptop, but don’t want to break the bank? Check out our list of the best gaming laptops under $400! These laptops are perfect for gamers on a budget and offer great performance at an affordable price. We have included a variety of different laptop brands and models, so there is sure to be something that fits your needs. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing our list and find the perfect gaming laptop for you!
Table of Contents
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
Plus, it comes with 4GB of DDR4 memory and a 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD, so you can rest assured that it will be able to meet your storage needs.
But what really sets this laptop apart from other laptops in its price range is its 15.6-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display. This makes it perfect for watching movies, browsing the web, and even playing games. And because it’s been optimized for Windows 10 in S mode, you can be sure that it will provide a smooth and seamless user experience.
Regarding connectivity, this device has you covered with 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and 1 HDMI port with HDCP support. And thanks to its 802.11ac Wi-Fi, you’ll be able to connect to the internet at lightning-fast speeds. Plus, it comes with a backlit keyboard, so you can quickly type in low-light conditions. And with up to 7.5 hours of battery life, you can rest assured that it will be able to keep up with your busy lifestyle.
ASUS VivoBook L203MA Ultra-Thin Laptop
It features an Intel Celeron N4000 Processor and 4GB of RAM, making it perfect for handling basic tasks like word processing, web browsing, and email. Plus, the 64GB of flash storage gives you plenty of room to store your important files. And with Microsoft Office 365 included, you’ll be able to stay productive on the go! Best of all, the Acer Flagship CB3-532 is extremely portable, weighing in at just 2.2 pounds. So whether you’re headed to the library or the coffee shop, or want to spend a night gaming, this laptop will come in handy.
Lenovo IdeaPad S150
With 4GB of RAM and a spacious 64GB eMMC drive, you’ll have plenty of room to store all your important files. The 14″ HD display is perfect for streaming games, movies, and TV shows, surfing the web, and completing work tasks. Plus, the included webcam and microphone make it easy to stay connected with friends and family. And with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, you’ll enjoy a clean, intuitive interface that’s easy to use. So don’t wait any longer, order your Lenovo S150 today!
CHUWI GemiBook Windows 10 Laptop Computer 13”
The GemiBook also has a256GB SSD and supports NVMe 2280 SSD expansion to 1TB and TF card expansion to 512GB, providing ample storage space for your files. Additionally, the laptop features a 13-inch FHD IPS screen with 2K resolution, a 3:2 aspect ratio, and a 180° hinge, making it easy to share and collaborate with others. The magnesium-alloy body makes the GemiBook lightweight at less than 3 pounds, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go.
14.1″ Full HD Windows Laptop PC Fusion5
Plus, with its Full HD IPS display, you’ll enjoy stunning visuals whether you’re working or streaming your favorite movies and shows. Best of all, at just 1249 grams, it’s light enough to take with you wherever you go. So why wait? Get this Lapbook today and enjoy computing on the go like never before!
Is A Gaming Laptop Worth It?
A laptop for gaming is worth it if you are looking for portability and don’t mind sacrificing some performance. A desktop will always offer better value for money in terms of raw power, but a laptop can be taken with you to LAN parties or coffee shops.
In addition, it really comes down to personal preference. Some gamers prefer the raw power and upgradeability of a desktop PC, while others appreciate the convenience and portability of a laptop. Some people just do not like the idea of being tethered to a desk, while others find the smaller form factor of a laptop to be more appealing. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what is best for your needs.
When it comes to budget, a laptop is almost always going to be more expensive than an equivalent PC. This is because laptops pack a lot of power into a small form factor and require extra cooling to prevent overheating.
If you are an experienced player who wants to take your gaming to the next level, a laptop is definitely worth the investment. You will be able to enjoy all of your favorite games on the go and have the added benefit of portability. However, if you are a casual player or are new to gaming, you may want to stick with a desktop PC.
Does Price Matter?
The short answer is yes, price does matter when it comes to laptops.
Usually, price does matter when it comes to laptops, but there are ways to get around spending a lot of money on a laptop. One way is to buy a used or refurbished laptop. This way, you can get a great laptop for a fraction of the price.
Another way is to buy a cheaper model and upgrade it yourself. Cheaper models will usually have lower specs, which can be a problem if you want to play the latest games. However, there are ways to upgrade your laptop to make it more powerful. For example, you can add more RAM or get a better graphics card.
Remember that you do not always get what you pay for. There are plenty of expensive laptops that are not worth the money. Conversely, there are some great laptops that are very affordable. It is important to do your research before buying a laptop.This will help you make an informed decision about which laptop is right for you.
If you’re on a budget, the best gaming laptops under $400 are going to be lower-end models. However, they will still be able to handle most games in lower settings. Plus, with a few upgrades, you can make them even better.
How to choose a good laptop for under 400 dollars?
Choosing a good laptop can be tricky – there are so many different brands, models, and features to choose from. It can be tempting to just buy the first one you see that’s within your budget, but that isn’t always the best decision.
When it comes to laptops, you get what you pay for – so spending a little extra on a higher-quality model will pay off in the long run.
We are here to help you find the best gaming laptop for under $400. We’ve taken into account factors like processor, graphics card, storage, and more to create a list of laptops that will give you the best bang for your buck.
The very first thing you need to check is the processor. This part is the heart of your laptop, and it needs to be good enough to run the games you want to play smoothly. Moreover, it will also affect the battery life of your device. So, make sure to get a powerful processor that can handle demanding tasks.
Ideally, you should get a quad-core processor, but a dual-core will also do the job if you’re on a tight budget. Quad-core means four cores, and it will allow your games to run smoother than on a dual-core. Moreover, it will also allow you to multitask better.
Another thing to keep in mind is the clock speed. This is measured in GHz, and the higher the number, the better. A good rule of thumb is to get a processor with at least a clock speed of 2.4 GHz. Clock speed is important, but it’s not the only thing that matters. The number of cores is also important, so make sure to get a quad-core processor if you can afford it.
The best gaming laptops under $400 usually have an Intel Core i-series processor. These are some of the best processors on the market, and they will allow you to play most games without any problems.
You’ll also want to make sure that the processor is from a reputable brand such as Intel or AMD.
- Intel is the most popular choice for processors as they are known for their reliability and performance. This is why most gaming laptops will have an Intel processor. They are also known for their energy efficiency which is important as gaming laptops tend to use a lot of power. Moreover, Intel processors tend to be more expensive than AMD processors. Intel has been the leading processor brand for many years and is not likely to be dethroned anytime soon.
- However, AMD has been making a comeback in recent years with its new line of processors. These processors offer great performance at a lower price point. This makes them a great option for budget-conscious gamers. In addition, AMD processors tend to be more energy-efficient than Intel processors. This company is definitely one to watch out for in the future. However, for now, Intel is still the king of processors.
Processors are important, but they are not the only thing you need to consider when choosing a gaming laptop. The next thing on our list is…
RAM and Storage
The next important factor to look for is the amount of RAM and storage space. These two components will heavily influence the overall speed and performance of your laptop. Most games these days require at least four gigs of RAM, and some even require eight or more. If you’re looking to play the latest and greatest games, you’ll need a laptop with at least eight gigs of RAM. As for storage space, most games take up at least 30 gigs of space. If you’re looking to play the latest AAA titles, you’ll need a laptop with at least a 256-gigabyte hard drive or solid-state drive. Most gaming laptops come with either a one- or two-terabyte hard drive. 
In addition to the main RAM and storage, many gaming laptops come with an additional solid-state drive (SSD). SSDs are much faster than traditional hard drives, and they can really help to improve load times and in-game performance. If you can afford it, we highly recommend opting for a gaming laptop with an SSD. Just keep in mind that SSDs are much more expensive than traditional hard drives, so you’ll have to decide if the performance benefits are worth the extra cost.
Usually, the more RAM, the better. However, for gaming laptops under $400, you will likely have to compromise on this feature. It is still possible to find laptops with up to 16GB of RAM, but they will be on the higher end of your budget.
You may wonder how much storage space you need. The answer really depends on how many games you want to be able to store on your laptop. If you only plan on playing a few games, then 128GB of storage should be plenty. However, if you want to be able to store all of your favorite games, then we recommend opting for a larger hard drive or SSD.
When it comes to RAM and storage, it’s important to strike a balance between the two. If you’re looking for the best possible performance, then we recommend opting for a laptop with at least eight gigs of RAM and a 256-gigabyte hard drive or SSD. However, if you’re looking to save some money, you can always opt for a smaller hard drive and less RAM. Just keep in mind that you may have to sacrifice some performance as a result.
Keyboard and Touchpad
Another important factor to consider when purchasing a gaming laptop is the keyboard and touchpad. It should be taken into account because it will be one of the main ways that you interact with your computer. You want to make sure that the keyboard is comfortable to type on and has a good response time.
Some gamers prefer a laptop with a separate number pad, while others prefer a more compact design. The key travel and backlighting are also important factors to consider. Many gaming laptops have customizable backlighting, which can be an important feature for some gamers.
In addition, the trackpad on a gaming laptop should be large and easy to use.
The touchpad should be responsive and have a good feel to it. Touchpads are often overlooked when it comes to gaming laptops, but they can be a make-or-break feature.
Many gaming laptops have dedicated buttons for popular games such as “Call of Duty” and “Battlefield.” These buttons can be programmed to perform specific actions in the game, which can give you an advantage over other players.
The trackpad is also an important factor to consider, as some gamers prefer a larger trackpad for better accuracy. Some gaming laptops also have programmable buttons on the trackpad, which can be useful for certain games.
Some gaming laptops also have a fingerprint reader, which can be used to log in to Windows Hello or other security features.
One more important factor to look at when choosing a gaming laptop is the port selection. You’ll want to make sure that the laptop has enough ports to connect all of your peripherals. Moreover, you’ll also want to make sure that the ports are the right type. 
- For example, if you want to connect a monitor or an external GPU, you’ll need a laptop with an HDMI port. Most gaming laptops will have all of the ports that you need, but it’s always good to double-check before you make your purchase.
- USB is the most common type of port, and you’ll find it on almost all laptops. However, there are different types of USB ports. The most common is USB-A, but there is also USB-C and Thunderbolt.
- USB-A is the standard rectangular port that you’ll find on most devices. This is the port that you use to charge your phone or connect external storage devices.
- USB-C is the latest and greatest port type. If you have any USB-C peripherals, or if you think you might in the future, it’s worth getting a laptop with a USB-C port.
- Thunderbolt is a newer standard that combines PCI Express and DisplayPort into one. This allows for incredibly fast data transfer speeds and is perfect for connecting external GPUs. Thunderbolt is less common than USB-C, but it’s still worth looking for if you want the best possible performance.
- Audio ports are also important for gamers. Most gaming laptops will have a headphone jack, but you’ll also want to make sure that the laptop has an optical audio output. This is perfect for connecting to a gaming headset or speakers.
- Ethernet ports are becoming less common on laptops, but they’re still standing on gaming laptops. If you want to connect to a wired network, you’ll need an Ethernet port. Moreover, if you want to connect to the internet using a cable, you’ll also need an Ethernet port.
- DisplayPort is a must for gamers who want to connect their laptop to a monitor or TV. This is the best way to get high-resolution visuals on your big screen. HDMI is also common, but DisplayPort is becoming more common on gaming laptops.
- SD card readers are a must for gamers who want to be able to transfer data from their cameras or other devices. If you’re a photographer, this is an essential feature. However, even if you’re not, it’s still a nice feature to have.
When it comes to ports, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind.
- First, make sure that the laptop has enough ports for all of your peripherals.
- Second, make sure that the ports are the right type. If they are not, you might not be able to use your peripherals.
- Third, make sure that the ports are in the right location. You don’t want to have to reach around the back of your laptop to plug in a USB device.
- Finally, make sure that you know what all of the ports are for. If you don’t, you might not be able to use all of the features of your laptop.
Note that not all of these ports will be available on every gaming laptop. However, the more port options that are available, the better.
The next thing you want to consider is the display. It is important because you will be looking at it for long periods of time. You want to make sure that it is the right size and resolution for you. A lot of gamers prefer a larger display so they can see more of the game. However, if you are on a budget, you may have to settle for a smaller display. The important thing is that you can see the game clearly and that it is the right size for you.
- Most gaming laptops will have a Full HD 1080p display, and some of them will even come with a higher resolution. However, if you can’t afford a Full HD laptop, you can still get a good gaming experience with a lower resolution.
- Another important consideration is the refresh rate. This is how often the image on the screen is refreshed. A higher refresh rate means that the image will be refreshed more often and will look smoother. This is especially important for fast-paced games. If you are budgeted you may have to settle for a low refresh rate. However, if you can afford it, a higher refresh rate is always better.
- The quality of the display you might want to consider is the color gamut. This is the range of colors that the display can produce. A higher color gamut means that the display can produce more accurate colors. This is important for games that have a lot of colors, such as first-person shooters or racing games. Moreover, it is also important for watching movies or TV shows.
- The last thing to consider is the screen size. This is important because you want to make sure that the laptop is the right size for you. Usually, the screen size is measured in inches. If you want a larger screen, you can get a 17.0-inch laptop. However, these laptops are usually more expensive and they are not as portable as the smaller ones.
Remember that the display plays an important role in your gaming experience. If you can afford it, get a laptop with a Full HD display and a high refresh rate. Otherwise, settle for a lower resolution and refresh rate. Just make sure that the display is large enough for you to see the game clearly.
One more important aspect that you should check before buying a laptop is the build quality. A good gaming laptop should have a solid construction with no flexing or creaking when you apply pressure to the lid or keyboard area. The screen should be firmly attached to the body and there should be no gaps or unevenness in the panels.
The hinges holding the screen in place should be tight and not allow the screen to wobble when you tap it or move it around.
The keyboard area should also be solid with no give, and the keys should have a nice, bouncy feel when you press them.
In addition, all the ports and connections should be secure and well-made, with no sharp edges or unevenness.
Material affects both the look and feel of a laptop, as well as its durability. The most popular materials used in gaming laptops are aluminum, plastic, and carbon fiber.
- Aluminum is a popular choice for gaming laptops because it is lightweight and has good heat dissipation. It also does not corrode easily. People also like aluminum for its aesthetic appeal, because it can be polished to a high shine.
- Moreover, aluminum is also very strong, so it can protect your laptop from bumps and drops. However, aluminum is a very good conductor of heat. This means that if your laptop overheats, the aluminum will transfer that heat to your lap, which can be quite uncomfortable.
- Plastic is also very popular. It is also cheaper than aluminum. One more advantage of plastic is that it does not conduct heat as much as aluminum does. It also does not corrode as easily. I also like plastic because it is not as slippery as aluminum. However, plastic can scratch and dent easily. It also does not have the same aesthetic appeal as aluminum.
- Carbon fiber is a material that is becoming more popular in laptops because it is very strong and lightweight. Carbon fiber does not conduct heat well, so it helps to keep your laptop cool. It is also very resistant to corrosion. Moreover, carbon fiber is known for its high-quality look. One downside of carbon fiber is that it can be very expensive. Additionally, carbon fiber laptops can be difficult to repair if they are damaged.
Sturdy construction, good materials, and a lack of flexibility are important in a gaming laptop because you want your laptop to be able to withstand the rigors of gaming. You also want it to be comfortable to use for long periods of time and not overheat.
Finally, you should take looks into account when choosing your next gaming laptop. Some laptops look absolutely fantastic, while others are complete eyesores. If you’re going to be spending a lot of time with your new machine, you’ll want to make sure it looks good to you.
Here are a few factors that may influence appearance:
- Lid design: Some laptops have cool patterns or textures on their lids, while others are more subdued.
- Keyboard backlighting: Many gaming laptops come with backlit keyboards, which can add a bit of flair to the look of the machine.
- Bezel size: The size of the bezel (the area around the screen) can vary significantly from one laptop to another. Some people prefer larger bezels, while others prefer smaller ones.
- Color: Gaming laptops are available in a wide variety of colors, so you should be able to find one that suits your style.
- Weight and size: Gaming laptops can vary significantly in size and weight. Some are very large and heavy, while others are quite small and light.
- Materials: Some gaming laptops are made from high-quality materials, while others feel a bit cheap.
Appearance is important, but it’s not the most important factor. You should also consider things like performance, price, and features when choosing a gaming laptop.
Fortunately, there are plenty of great options available, regardless of your budget.
How much should I spend on a gaming laptop this year?
How much you spend on a gaming laptop really depends on what games you want to play and how high of quality you want the graphics to be. If you’re just looking for something that can handle casual games like Minecraft or The Sims, you can probably get away with spending less than $400. However, if you’re looking to do some more serious gaming, you’re going to want to spend closer to $800.
Which brand is best for gaming laptops?
There are a few different brands that are known for their gaming laptops, including Razer, Lenovo, and MSI. However, you don’t necessarily have to stick to just those brands – any laptop that has a good graphics card will be able to handle most games.
Is it worth buying a gaming laptop now?
If you’re looking to buy a gaming laptop, now is a great time! Prices on laptops have been dropping lately, so you can get a lot of bang for your buck. Just be sure to do your research before buying to make sure you’re getting a good deal.
Video Tutorial: ASUS VivoBook L203MA Laptop Review
Gaming laptops are a great way to get the best of both worlds. You can have a powerful machine that is also portable. This means you can take your games with you wherever you go.
The best gaming laptops under $400 offer a great value for your money. They are powerful enough to handle most games and they are also very affordable. If you are looking for a great gaming laptop, these machines above you should consider.
With so many great options available, it can be hard to choose the right one. However, if you keep your needs in mind, you should be able to find the perfect gaming laptop for you.
Moreover, don’t forget to check out the reviews before making your final decision. This way, you can be sure that you are getting the best possible value for your money.
We hope this guide was helpful in finding the best gaming laptop for you. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave them in the comments below!
As always, happy gaming!