Choose the Best Gaming Laptop Under $200
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Gaming Laptops Under $200
4 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Are you in the market for a new gaming laptop, but don’t want to break the bank? Check out our list of the best gaming laptops under $200! These laptops are perfect for gamers on a budget and offer great performance for the price. We’ve tested and reviewed each one of these laptops to make sure they are worth your money. So, what are you waiting for? Start browsing our list and find the perfect gaming laptop for you!
Table of Contents
Acer Flagship CB3-532 15.6inch HD Premium Chromebook
The battery has been certified as being able to hold 80% of its original charge, and there are no signs at all associated with cosmetic damage from 12 inches away! In addition, it comes included with a 90 days warranty if you don’t think this product suits your needs just right – either send it back under warranty or request money back through the Best Buy protection plan!
This laptop is a powerful workhorse that will keep up with your busy life. With the Intel Celeron N3060 Dual Core processor and HD display, this model has all of your needs to cover no matter where it may be! With Zero Air Gap technology, enjoy enhanced screen clarity even in sunlight so whether working on the go or relaxing at home this laptop can handle anything thrown its way.
Don’t miss out on a great deal
ASUS VivoBook L203MA Ultra-Thin Laptop
It features an Intel Celeron N4000 Processor and 4GB of RAM, making it perfect for handling basic tasks like word processing, web browsing, and email. Plus, the 64GB of flash storage gives you plenty of room to store your important files. And with Microsoft Office 365 included, you’ll be able to stay productive on the go! Best of all, the Acer Flagship CB3-532 is extremely portable, weighing in at just 2.2 pounds. So whether you’re headed to the library or the coffee shop, or want to spend a night gaming, this laptop will come in handy.
Samsung Chromebook 3 XE501C13-K02US
The 11.6″ display is perfect for taking notes or working on assignments, and the Bluetooth connectivity lets you connect to other devices easily. Whether you’re in the classroom or the library, this laptop has everything you need to get the job done.
Acer Chromebook 314
You can edit Microsoft Office files in Google Docs which gives you access to all of our favorite apps like Sheets & Slides as well as 100 GB worth of storage space so there’s no need to worry about losing any important work when offline or disconnected from WiFi networks
For those looking just to want something easy-going but still get powerful features then this might be what they’ve been waiting for!
The Acer Chromebook 314 is one of the best gaming laptops under $200.
Acer Spin 1 SP111-33 Ultra Slim Touch 2-1 Laptop
The Acer Spin 1 comes with a powerful Intel Quad Core Pentium N5000 processor and 4GB of memory, making it easily capable of handling all your everyday computing needs. Plus, with Windows 10 in S Mode installed, you’ll have access to all the latest features and security updates.
The 11.6″ HD touch screen display is perfect for working on the go, and thanks to the 360-degree hinge, you can use it in a laptop, tablet, or display mode. The Acer Spin 1 also features two built-in stereo speakers, a precision touchpad, an HD webcam, and long-lasting battery life.
Connectivity is excellent too, with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth support, HDMI and USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports. So why wait? Get the Acer Spin 1 today!
What is the difference between a gaming laptop and a regular laptop?
Before choosing a gaming laptop, it is important to answer this question!
- A regular laptop is designed for basic computing tasks such as browsing the internet, checking email, and running Microsoft Office programs. In addition, some regular laptops can handle light gaming and video streaming. It is not advisable to use a regular laptop for gaming as the hardware is not designed for it and heat build-up can be a problem.
- A gaming laptop, on the other hand, is designed specifically for playing video games. Gaming laptops have more powerful processors and graphics cards that can handle demanding games. In addition, gaming laptops often have features that regular laptops don’t have such as backlit keyboards and high-resolution displays.
However, you can play most games on a regular laptop if you lower the graphics settings. So, if you’re not a hardcore gamer, you might be able to get away with a regular laptop.
So, if you’re looking for a laptop that can handle demanding games, you’ll need to get a gaming laptop.
How To Find A Good Gaming Laptop Under $200
Choosing a gaming laptop under $200 can be a daunting task. There are so many options available that it can be difficult to know where to start. Moreover, with such a low budget, it is important to choose wisely in order to get the most bang for your buck.
But do not worry, we are here to help. Now we will tell you what to look for when choosing a gaming laptop!
First and foremost, you need to decide what type of games you want to play. It is important because not every laptop is created equal. Some laptops are better than others when it comes to playing certain types of games.
Games can be broadly classified into three categories:
- High-end games: These include the latest AAA titles that require a lot of horsepowers to run smoothly. Think of games like Witcher III, GTA V, etc.
- Mid-range games: These are slightly less demanding on your hardware and can run on mid-range laptops without any issue. Games such as Rocket League, Overwatch, etc. come under this category.
- Low-end games: These are the simplest of games that can run on even the most basic laptops. Games like Candy Crush, Tetris, etc. come under this category.
Consider what games you want to play and then look for laptops that can run those games smoothly. If your laptop can’t run the games you want to play, there is no point in buying it.
In addition, this may also help you decide which laptop to buy:
- If you want to play the latest high-end games, you will need a powerful laptop with a good graphics card. This will be expensive.
- If you want to play mid-range games, you can get away with a less powerful laptop as long as it has a decent graphics card. This will be less expensive.
- If you want to play low-end games, you can get away with an even less powerful laptop as long as it has an integrated graphics card. This will be the least expensive option.
Once you have decided on the type of games you want to play, you need to look at the specs of the laptop to see if it can run those games.
The next thing you’ll want to consider is the processor. A good gaming laptop will have a quad-core processor. This is the brain of your computer and dictates how fast it can process information. A good processor is important for gaming as there are a lot of calculations that need to be done in order to render graphics.
In addition, processors with a higher clock speed will be able to handle more information. This is important for gaming as games are becoming more and more demanding.
You’ll also want to make sure that the processor is from a reputable brand such as Intel or AMD.
- Intel is the most popular choice for processors as they are known for their reliability and performance. This is why most gaming laptops will have an Intel processor. They are also known for their energy efficiency which is important as gaming laptops tend to use a lot of power. Moreover, Intel processors tend to be more expensive than AMD processors. Intel has been the leading processor brand for many years and is not likely to be dethroned anytime soon.
- However, AMD has been making a comeback in recent years with its new line of processors. These processors offer great performance at a lower price point. This makes them a great option for budget-conscious gamers. In addition, AMD processors tend to be more energy-efficient than Intel processors. This company is definitely one to watch out for in the future. However, for now, Intel is still the king of processors.
The processor also should be chosen by the types of games you want to play. If you want to play the latest and greatest games, you’ll need a processor that can handle it. It really all depends on your gaming needs.
Another important factor to consider is the operating system of the gaming laptop. It should be taken into account because different types of games are played on different types of operating systems. The three most common ones are Windows, Linux, and Mac. Some games can only be played on one type of operating system while others can be played on all three.
- The best gaming laptops usually have a Windows operating system. This is because most games are designed for Windows and can only be played on this type of operating system. If you want to play a game that is not available on Windows, then you will need to purchase a gaming laptop with a different operating system.
- Linux is another popular operating system for gaming laptops. It is free and open source, which means that it can be customized to your specific needs. Many games are available for Linux, and it is a good choice if you want to play independent or older games. Moreover, some new games are also being developed for Linux.
- The last operating system is Mac. It is not as popular as Windows or Linux, but it still has a decent selection of games. MacOS is also very user-friendly and has a beautiful design. In addition, Apple laptops are usually more expensive than Windows or Linux laptops. If you are looking for a gaming laptop with a different operating system, then you should consider a Mac.
So when choosing an operating system for your gaming laptop, you should first decide which games you want to play. If the game is only available on one operating system, then that is the operating system you should choose. Otherwise, you can choose any operating system you want.
One more thing to keep in mind is that you can always install a different operating system on your gaming laptop. So if you change your mind in the future, you can easily switch to a different operating system.
One more important factor to consider is the amount of RAM. It means Random Access Memory and is responsible for the smooth functioning of your laptop. Moreover, it is one of the most important factors in a gaming laptop. A good amount of RAM will enable you to enjoy a lag-free gaming.
It is measured in gigabytes(GB) and the ideal amount of RAM for a gaming laptop is between eight to sixteen gigs. This will allow you to run any high-end game without facing any issues.
You will also be able to multitask efficiently and can even run multiple programs simultaneously. For example, you can chat with your friends on Discord while playing a game. Or you can stream your gameplay on Twitch or YouTube while recording it.
In addition, a gaming laptop with an appropriate amount of RAM will also be future-proof. So, even if new and demanding games are released, your laptop will be able to handle them without any issues.
- RAM also depends on the type of games you want to play. If you are into multiplayer online battle royale games like PUBG or Fortnite, then you will need at least eight gigs of RAM.
- However, if you want to play single-player story-driven games, then you can get away with four gigs of RAM. But we would still recommend getting a laptop with at least eight gigs of RAM.
- So, it’s always better to have more RAM than you need.
However, if you are on a tight budget, then you can get by with four gigs of RAM. But keep in mind that you will have to make some sacrifices in terms of performance. Moreover, you will not be able to run demanding games or multitask as efficiently.
But if you are willing to make some sacrifices, then a gaming laptop with four gigs of RAM is still a good option.
The next important thing to look for is the graphics card. This is what will determine how well your games look and play.
However, if you want to really be able to enjoy the latest and greatest games, you’ll need a dedicated graphics card. These start around $100 and can go up to several thousand dollars. For our purposes, we’ll be looking at the best gaming laptops under $200 that have dedicated graphics cards.
- To choose a good graphics card, you’ll need to consider what games you want to be able to play. If you only care about older or less demanding games, then you can get away with a less powerful graphics card. But, if you want to be able to play the latest AAA titles at high settings, then you’ll need a more powerful card.
- In addition to considering the games you want to play, you’ll also need to think about what resolution you want to be able to play them at. If you only care about being able to play at 720p (1280×720), then you can get away with a not-so-powerful card. However, if you want to play at 1080p (1920×1080) or higher, then you’ll need a more powerful card.
- The other thing to consider is how much video memory the card has. This is important for two reasons. First, it determines how many textures and objects can be displayed on the screen at once. Second, it affects how smooth gameplay will be, especially in larger or more open games. For our purposes, we’ll want a minimum of 512MB of video memory.
- Finally, you’ll also need to think about what other features you want from your graphics card. Some cards come with built-in overclocking capabilities, which can help improve performance. Others come with multiple ports for connecting multiple monitors. This can be useful if you want to set up a gaming laptop with multiple monitors.
There are a few different types of graphics cards to choose from, and the one you ultimately select will depend on your budget and needs.
Another important factor to consider when purchasing a gaming laptop is the display. It should be taken into account that the majority of games are played on a laptop screen and not an external monitor. The display should have a resolution of at least 1080p and a high refresh rate. A lot of gamers also prefer IPS panels for their wider viewing angles and better color reproduction.
You want to make sure that the laptop has a high-quality display with a good resolution. The last thing you want is a laptop with a poor display that makes it difficult to see the game.
Moreover, the display size is also an important factor. A larger display will make it easier to see the game, but it will also make the laptop more expensive. If you are on a budget, you may want to consider a smaller display.
The quality of the display is important, but the size is a matter of preference. If you have the money, you may want to get a laptop with a large display. Otherwise, a smaller display will suffice.
The resolution of the display is also important – you don’t want a fuzzy image that makes it difficult to see what’s going on in the game. A higher resolution will make the image clearer, but it will also use more power and may reduce the battery life of the laptop.
To know if the display is good, you can read online reviews of the laptop. Make sure to read multiple reviews to get a well-rounded opinion of the laptop.
CPU and GPU
The next important thing to consider is the CPU and GPU. CPU means central processing unit and GPU means graphics processing unit. They are two different things but both are important for gaming. A good CPU will be able to handle all the game’s processing while a good GPU will be able to render the graphics. You want both of these to be as powerful as possible.
- There are a few different options when it comes to CPUs. The most popular option is an Intel Core I processor. These are good processors. Another option is an AMD Ryzen processor, as we have already mentioned above. These are also good processors but they tend to be a bit more expensive.
- As for GPUs, the most popular option is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. This is a good graphics card that will be able to handle most games. Another option is an AMD Radeon RX 560. This is also a good graphics card but it is slightly less powerful than the GTX 1050 Ti.
For gaming laptops, you want a powerful CPU and a good dedicated graphics card. This will ensure that your games run smoothly and look great. You don’t need the absolute best of the best, but something that can handle most games without issue.
These two factors are the most important when it comes to gaming laptops. If you can get a good CPU and GPU, the rest of the laptop will be able to handle anything you throw at it.
Moreover, both of these items will have a big impact on the price. A laptop with a powerful CPU and GPU will be more expensive than one with weaker hardware. However, it is worth paying a bit more for better performance.
The best gaming laptops have pretty decent designs and overall looks. Design is important for any laptop, but it’s especially important for gaming laptops. After all, you want your laptop to look as good as it performs.
There are not so many colors or shapes to choose from when it comes to gaming laptops. Most of them are either black or silver. But, there are a few that come in other colors, like red or blue.
Most gaming laptops have a matte black finish with either red or blue highlights. This is because these colors are known to be associated with gaming. Some gaming laptops might even have an RGB keyboard. 
In addition, gaming laptops usually have a few extra design features. For example, they might have vents on the side or back to help with cooling. They also tend to be a bit thicker and heavier than regular laptops because they need to fit in all that extra hardware.
The design of a gaming laptop is important, but it’s not the most important thing. The most important thing is how well it performs. However, if you’re going to be using your laptop in public, you want it to look good too.
Ports and Connectivity
The best gaming laptops will have a variety of ports and connectivity options. It is critical because you will want to ensure that you can connect your laptop to all of your gaming peripherals. The most important ports for gamers are USB, HDMI, and DisplayPort. 
- USB is the most common port and is used to connect a variety of devices such as keyboards, mice, controllers, storage devices, and more. You will need at least two USB ports, but more is always better.
- HDMI is used to connect your laptop to a monitor or TV. Usually, there are two HDMI ports, one for input and one for output.
- DisplayPort is a newer standard that is becoming increasingly popular. It offers some advantages over HDMI, such as higher resolutions and refreshes rates. If you have a monitor that supports DisplayPort, you should use it instead of HDMI.
- Other ports to look for are Ethernet, which is used to connect to the internet, and Thunderbolt, which is a high-speed interface that can be used for connecting external GPUs and other devices.
When it comes to connectivity, there are two things that you need to look for: wired and wireless.
- Wired connections are faster and more reliable than wireless, so they are the preferred choice for gaming. However, not all laptops have Ethernet ports, so you will need to use a USB adapter if your laptop doesn’t have one.
- Wireless connections are convenient because you don’t have to deal with cables, but they are not as fast or reliable as wired connections. If you want to use a wireless connection, make sure that your laptop has 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Portability and battery life
The best laptops will offer you great portability thanks to their small size and lightweight. You’ll be able to take them with you wherever you go, and they’ll usually have a good battery life so you can play games for hours.
Battery life is measured in watt-hours (Wh), and the higher the number, the longer the battery will last. Most laptops have a battery life of about 6 to 8 hours, but if you’re looking for something that will last even longer, you might want to consider a laptop with a larger battery.
Portability is also critical for many gamers.You should also consider the battery life of the laptop, as you’ll want to make sure that it will last through all of your gaming sessions.
However, you should expect to sacrifice some performance. The best way to ensure that you’re getting a good deal is to read reviews from other gamers and compare the specs of different models before making your final decision.
What laptop do most gamers use?
The most popular gaming laptop is the Razer Blade. It’s a great all-around laptop for gaming and other uses.
How much should I spend on a gaming laptop?
Usually, you can find a great gaming laptop for under $1000. However, if you want the best of the best, you should expect to spend closer to $2000.
Do all gaming laptops have backlit keyboards?
No. However, many gamers prefer laptops with backlit keyboards for better visibility in low-light conditions. Moreover, some games require the use of backlit keys.
What is the best graphics card for gaming laptops?
The best graphics card for gaming laptops is the NVIDIA GTX 1080. It offers great performance and is widely considered to be the best option for gamers.
How much SSD do I need for gaming?
For gaming, you’ll want at least 250GB of storage. If you can afford it, get a larger SSD for even better performance.
Video Tutorial: Acer Chromebook 15 CB3-532 Overview
Choosing the best gaming laptop under $200 is a challenge, but it’s not impossible. There are a couple of important factors. First, what games do you want to play? Second, how important is portability to you? Third, what other features are you looking for?
In addition to the criteria above, we also recommend that you take a look at the reviews before making your purchase. Gaming laptops are a significant investment, and you want to make sure you’re getting the best bang for your buck.
Once you’ve considered these factors, you can start looking at specific laptops. We’ve put together a list of some of the best gaming laptops under $200 to help you get started.
I hope this article was helpful. Thanks for reading!